Cause Of Death Revealed For Americans Who Died Mysteriously In The Bahamas

(NewsGlobal.com)- On Tuesday, the authorities disclosed that three people from the United States had passed away at a Sandals resort in the Bahamas due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to a story from NBC News at the time, the bodies of a married couple from Tennessee named Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, as well as a 64-year-old man from Florida named Vincent Chiarella was found at the Sandals Emerald Bay resort on Great Exuma at the beginning of May.

Statements made by Bahamas Police Commissioner Paul Rolle indicated that the two couples had separately reported feeling sick the night before and were evaluated by medical personnel after eating at different restaurants.

According to NBC News, the Royal Bahamas Police confirmed that the three victims died of asphyxiation from carbon monoxide poisoning. The statement was released on Tuesday.

The investigation into the deaths is still ongoing with local law enforcement.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Police Commissioner Paul Rolle stated in May that the victims had sought and been offered medical care for symptoms like convulsions and vomiting; nonetheless, the victims returned to their villas after receiving treatment.

The Journal reported that the bodies of the deceased were discovered unconscious in beds, slumped against walls in bathrooms, and on the floor of bedrooms.

According to a report that was filed by NBC Miami three days after Vincent passed away, Donnis Chiarella, Vincent’s wife, was taken by helicopter to the HCA Florida Kendall hospital in Miami while she was in a critical condition at the time; however, her health was later upgraded to a “fair condition.”

According to the WSJ, a spokesman for Sandals stated that all of the guest rooms, including the ones used by the couples, were equipped with carbon monoxide detectors. The publication mentioned that all the couples had been residing in the same building during their time there.
Sandals stated that the fatalities were “in no way related to the resort’s air conditioning system, food, and beverage service, landscaping services, or foul play.”

The fatalities occurred seven years after a family from Delaware fell gravely ill while vacationing at a resort in the United States Virgin Islands. The authorities in the United States concluded that methyl bromide, a very poisonous pesticide banned for indoor residential use in 1984, was the cause of the problem and that it had been used several times at the resort in question.