Newly Detected Clues Might Lead to Missing Plane MH370’s Crash Site

After a decade of searching, British researchers may have detected a signal that might reveal the whereabouts of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.

Hydrophones, which are underwater microphones, allegedly detected a signal at about the same time that MH370 was thought to have crashed on March 8, 2014.

Researchers from Cardiff found the six-second signal and supposedly stated that more testing was necessary to see whether the noises picked up by the microphones might pinpoint the location of the plane’s crash.

Tragically, the 239-person plane disappeared into the Indian Ocean after veering from its intended route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing for reasons that are still a mystery. It is thought that the plane simply ran out of jet fuel.

Its exact resting place is still a mystery, despite the fact that officials worldwide have searched 46,332 square kilometers in their quest to discover it.

Even though certain parts of the plane have been found and ideas have been put out about what and who caused the flight to change directions, nobody knows for sure what happened to the Boeing 777.

The Malaysian government supported a new ‘no find, no money’ search off the coast of Australia in the week preceding the 10th anniversary of MH370’s disappearance earlier this year, but it was fruitless once again.

According to academics in Cardiff, if the MH370, a plane weighing 200 tons, were to fall at 200 meters per second, the amount of kinetic energy released would be equivalent to a minor earthquake.

Before departing Malaysia, the pilot issued a final radio message to Kuala Lumpur. However, when the jet entered Vietnamese territory, he neglected to notify air traffic authorities in Ho Chi Minh City.

A few minutes after that, the transponder, which is responsible for communicating the plane’s position to air traffic control, turned off. The jet disappeared when military radar detected it reversing course to fly over the Andaman Sea. Satellite data indicated it continued to fly for hours, perhaps until fuel ran out. According to reports, the jet went down somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean.